Tuesday, June 29, 2010

May 2010

May was fun for us. Eli turned 2!!!! My parents and sister came up for his party and it was a blast. And my Aunt Missy and Uncle Wes showed up for the party. A complete surprise and probably Eli's best present ever. We had a few friends and there families come over to play outside and play on the slip-n-slide. Eli got TONS of toys, but his favorite was the Fisher-Price guitar we got him. The child LOVES music and instruments. He has jammed out on that thing ever since. He is really growing up these days though. Our next goal is potty training, just hoping its as easy with him as it was with Isaac.


Isaac finished is first year of pre-school in May. He did great this year and learned a whole bunch. He can't wait to go back in the fall. His teacher Ms. Kelley was awesome and we are bummed he won't have her next year. He thinks he is, but he won't.


The middle of May I got to go on a getaway ALL BY MYSELF!!! I was super excited!! I went to Morehead City, NC to visit my best friend Jennifer. She totally pampered me and treated me like a queen, she always does when she's around. I got there Friday afternoon and my "NO PLANS" weekend began. She made an awesome dinner and we watched a movie and went to bed. On Saturday I slept in, well sort of. I remember when sleeping in meant sleeping until 11 am, now it means 8:30. Anyways I got up and we headed into Beaufort, NC to see the wild horses that run free on the island. And we saw them!!! Tons of them!! We then rented an ocean kayak and kayaked to the island to see them up close. It was AMAZING!!! A bit stinky but AMAZING. After that excursion we headed to her house to shower and go shopping. We then went and got a pizza and headed home to watch another movie. Went to bed early that night and then on Sunday we got up and headed to the beach for the morning. Then, as they say, all good things must come to an end, I had to head back to SC. I can't wait to do it again!!!



No comments: