Saturday, March 12, 2011

Something to Think About


This past week it was brought to my attention, by myself if I might add, that I take my boys being around for granted. It's not that I do it intentionally, but that sometimes I just for get that they could be gone and not mine at any given moment. I take for granted their arguments, wrestling matches, loud playing, and so much more. I'm always telling them to settle down, don't fight, be quiet, and do you really have to wrestle every night with daddy? It's out of habit and stress I'm sure, but it's NO excuse. If I didn't have ALL that chaos going on in my life's background I don't know what I'd do. And if I didn't have an almost three year old asking, "why?" every time I say something I'd be devastated. With all that this week I've challenged myself to be more aware and not so annoyed with them over the little things. I know they can't be out control children with no boundaries (which they are that very thing sometimes), but they can be themselves. I really do want them to use their loud voices when they play. I love to hear them using their imaginations. And as for the arguing and wrestling, well, I know they are boys and that is part of the deal. So the next time I get the urge to yell, "Please just stop talking!! I need 5 minutes of quiet!!!" I'm not going to. I'm going sit down and savor that moment. Because they are not for always. They are God's and He can decide at any moment to take them back, and if I haven't enjoyed these moments now, I might not ever get to again. And so, if you are a mom, I challenge you to do the very same thing the next week or so. Enjoy your kids, they are super fun!!!

Whether they are acting like this or....

If they are acting like this, cherish them.

No comments: