Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Momma Did You Know....

Isaac is all the time tell me things that I might not know. Like a few weeks back they learned at school the importance of water and how we get it to our sinks and so on. And he asked me while we were on our way home from school that day if I knew what water was and why we need it and how it got into our house. I never really give answers when he does this, because, well for one he normally doesn't wait for my answer, and two I LOVE hearing him tell me. So the other day while we were at school (on a side note, I now work at the boys preschool. I will share about that whole coming about later.) And I had noticed that there was a tractor or digging thing digging up a graveside in the graveyard behind the school. Well we leave school and as we're leaving the digger thing is pulling out.

Isaac: Oh yeah, momma you see that equipment
Me: I nod my head.
Isaac: You know what it does? Do you momma and Eli?
Me: It digs holes for things I suppose.
Isaac: Nope you're wrong. It digs holes for dead people to go in.
Me: Dying of laughter inside and no pun intended. Really Bubba?
Isaac: Yep that is why it was back there. Eli did you know that? (of course Eli is just saying uh-huh the whole time. He has no idea what it is or how to say it for that matter.)
Me: Oh so its back there to dig holes for dead people. Who told you that?
Isaac: Yep it is. Dead people live back there, under the ground. That is what Ms. Paige says.
Me: Okay well then....grinning and cracking up to pieces inside.

And we went on to talking about their day. I am still laughing every time I retell it too!!!

No comments: