Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Youth Ski Trip 2009

This past weekend Barry and I took about 45 students to Gatlinburg, TN for our annual ski trip. It was awesome. We got there Friday afternoon and got to go skiing/ snowboarding. And then about 15 of them got to go again on Saturday. We had a blast! It was very cold. Actually it was probably the coldest weather I have ever been in, or at least since I can remember. When we arrived Friday it was only 18 degrees, I think the high that day was 23 degrees. By the time we left the slopes it was only 8 degrees. It was cold. We got to see lots of snow and ice. It was fun. Check out the pictures in the folder Ski Trip 2009 to see more.

Me and Barry on the slopes.

Our one and only injury. Brandon was snowboarding on Friday and a guy in front of him fell and the guys snowboard hit Brandon in the face. I got 14 stitches and it shattered the upper part of his nose. He goes to see a surgeon this week. OUCH!

This is a frozen fountain in Downtown Gatlinburg. Beautiful isn't it?

Check out this video that I took of our Jr. High Pastor, Trevor, and then one of our Sr. High students, Grant. It is halirious!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RdR5uc0U-g

1 comment:

Poof said...

Small World. I'm a SC blogger just outside of Columbia. I visited a blog from San Francisco this morning. The live traffic feed traced me to SC and suggested other blogs from this area. One of them said Youth Ski Trip 2009, so I followed the link, thinking it might be one of my blogs. It led to you. So I read it and found out we were at the same place at the same time. In fact, I met some kids from your group on the lift. Also, notice the guy in the red ski jacket behind you & Barry in the top photo -- he's our youth pastor, trying to find our kids out on the slopes!
So sorry about the injury! I took my last run and was standing at the bottom thinking about another run when I overheard someone say one of their group was knocked unconcscious. That determined for me NOT to do one more run, not to press my luck. I bet it was Brandon they talked about. Hope he is doing OK.